Un pensiero nemico di pace, the fleet and dramatic aria from Trionfo del Tempo, HWV 46a. Live, 4K video from the Voices of Music As steals the morn” concert in San Francisco, March 2019.
Please vote for us in the Best of the Bay Awards–it’s totally free! https://bit.ly/SFCV2019
We are excited to have been nominated in seven categories this year for a Best of the Bay
Award by the San Francisco Classical Voice. Last year we won in four categories, let’s do it again! We are nominated in the following categories:
1. Best Opera Singer of 2018–2019 Amanda Forsythe
2. Best Chamber Ensemble of 2018–2019 Voices of Music
5. Best Early Music/Baroque Ensemble of 2018–2019 Voices of Music
13. Best Chamber Music Performance of 2018–2019 Voices of Music: Musical Crossroads 16. Best Early/Baroque Performance of 2018–2019 Voices of Music: As Steals the Morn
17. Best New Music Performance of 2018–2019 Voices of Music: Musical Crossroads
18. Best Orchestral Performance of 2018–2019 Voices of Music: As Steals the Morn. We are not breaking out the champagne yet, as we need your vote.
Un pensiero nemico di pace fece il Tempo volubile edace e con l’ali la falce gli diè. Nacque un altro leggiadro pensiero per negare si rigido impero on’il Tempo, più Tempo non è.
A thought, the enemy of peace Caused fleeting Time to be greedily devoured And lent him his wings and scythe. Then another, lighter thought occurs, to deny the rigid rule, Then Time itself is no more.